Dental implants are strong and stable restorations that can be designed to replace one missing tooth, several missing teeth or a complete arch of teeth. Implants replace both the root and crown of the tooth. The implant post acts as the root replacement and is placed into your jawbone. After that, our dentists will create a custom crown to match your natural teeth and complete this treatment.
Benefits of a dental implant may include:
- Improved smile appearance. Implants are designed to look and feel like your natural teeth.
- Speech improvement. Implants allow you to speak without the inconvenience of missing teeth.
- Easier eating. Implants function as natural teeth, allowing you to eat the foods you normally would.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants promote long-term oral health and improve oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are designed to last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Implants are permanent and much easier to deal with than removable appliances like dentures.
If you have missing teeth, you are a candidate for implant dentistry. If you have any preexisting oral health conditions, those will need to be addressed prior to receiving your implant.