Help your child keep their teeth and smile healthy!
HELPING YOUR CHILDS HEALTH
Our experienced children’s dentist and team will help your child learn good oral hygiene habits, including the proper ways to brush and floss. We will also work with you to help you learn the best ways to care for your child’s teeth and mouth at home. Call Dentistry and Braces Group today to make an appointment and learn about the benefits of good oral hygiene!
TIPS FOR ORAL CARE
Healthy teeth are important to your child’s overall health and development. Your child’s teeth help them eat and digest food, speak properly, and help their permanent teeth come in correctly. Here are a few tips on how to care for your child’s teeth:
- Have your child brush at least twice each day. Until your child is about 7, you will need to brush for them. Make sure to use a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles.
- Help your child floss daily. Flossing removes plaque and debris between the teeth and below the gumline to keep your child’s teeth and gums healthy.
- Bring your child to visit the dentist regularly. Children should visit the dentist for the first time within six months of their first tooth erupting and should continue to visit the dentist every six months following that initial visit.
- Ask the dentist about preventive care, such as fluoride and dental sealants.
- Help your child maintain a nutritious, balanced diet. Avoid constant snacking, and help them avoid eating sugary and acidic foods that could damage their teeth.
- Have your child wear a mouth guard if they play sports. This oral appliance helps prevent your child’s teeth, gums and oral structures from being damaged.
Remember that it is normal for babies and small children to suck their thumbs, fingers or a pacifier. Most children will break this habit on their own by about age 4. If thumb or finger sucking continues, please speak with our dentists so that we can monitor the habit and provide assistance in breaking it if needed.
If you have any questions about caring for your child’s teeth or to schedule an appointment with our dentists, contact our office today.
At Dentistry and Braces group, we believe that everyone deserves exceptional dental care, no matter their age or circumstance. For personalized, comprehensive dental care, contact our experienced dentists and make your appointment today.